Retail Shop Manager
The Shop Manager is responsible for successfully leading and managing the optical sales team to meet and exceed performance targets. This leadership role is responsible for generating sales, managing the customer experience, completing operational tasks, and participating in the training of new and current family members.
The Shop Manager will lead by example and will ensure that the Shop team offers the best possible optical experience to our customers and patients by dispensing warmth, courtesy, and expertise. Most importantly, the Shop manager must ensure that the 100+ year old, five generational, authentic brand story is consistently and constantly delivered.
- Lead staff to establish and exceed brand standards of service, visual merchandising, and overall operations excellence in execution.
- Work with Director of Retail to implement targeted sales strategies to meet and exceed plan/goals
- Identify and implement community involvement opportunities and partnerships
- Oversee daily operations of MOSCOT shop. Ensure shop is opened and closed on time and is always appropriately staffed. Ensure shop is maintained to brand standards including cleanliness, organized, and presentable.
- Responsible for Inventory Maintenance including inventory movement and shop inventory management
- Proficiency on all POS systems and in-shop technology
- Work with operations and finance to align demand planning and buying needs to fulfill store objectives based on sales forecast
- Responsible for daily finance reporting. (ex. Daily Close Out, Cash report, cash deposits, and Shop Lunch Goal)
- Maintain facility and address repairs immediately. (ex. Cleaners on Monday AM)
- Ensure display areas are clean and merchandised as per company directive.
- Enforce compliance of all company policy and procedures.
- Send weekly recap to Director of Retail
Lab Order Management
- Ensure all eyewear jobs are delivered on time and aim to under promise and over deliver.
- Maintain and process all status updates of orders listed on ECP Dashboard
- Coordinate POF drop off
- Trouble-shoot when necessary all optical issues and customer service defects. Consult with the lead optician, Director of Retail, or CEO when necessary regarding specific hard to solve customer/patient issues.
- Respond to customer concerns and complaints.
- Train and develop the retail team that exemplifies brand culture and best-in-class customer experience, the MX.
- Elevate staff morale, internal shop culture as well as customer experience
- Facilitate training of new associates in operational policies, product knowledge, and POS
- Ensures all departments (Sales, Eyecare, Customer Service) are working together to deliver the MOSCOT experience internally and externally.
- Confirm that associates are arriving on time and clocking in and out during scheduled shift. Address lateness and report truancies to the Director of Retail for corrective action.
- Motivate staff to provide best in class service and a memorable experience to all Shop visitors.
- Work with Marketing team on in-shops events ex. MOSCOT Music, production partnerships
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions, PR placements, and advertisements and ensure that retail staff is aware of all Marketing activities.
- Support Brand Marketing/PR Team in NYC in the task of supplying eyewear to the film and television industry and other media for use and placement in film, TV, and other media
- 3-5 years' experience as a Retail Manager
- Previous experience with personnel management
- Passion for storytelling
- Self-motivated and energetic attitude with high level of initiative and experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Optical experience is a plus
- Multi-lingual is a plus