Optometrist Assistant / Optometric Technician
MOSCOT is a New York City institution renowned worldwide for its iconic eyewear – The MOSCOT Originals, MOSCOT Spirit, and MOSCOT Sun Collections. MOSCOT infuses its unmistakably refined, downtown aesthetic with over 100 years of eyewear expertise and unparalleled craftsmanship to create its timeless eyewear. While now recognized as a global fashion brand beloved by fans worldwide, MOSCOT remains, at heart, a neighborhood optical shop.
As a Patient Coordinator, you will work closely with MOSCOT’s optometrists to deliver the utmost care to our patients. You will be the point of contact between the doctors and patients. Main duties will be to collect pertinent information from the patient, relay it to the doctor and conduct pre-testing. MOSCOT is a fun, collaborative work environment and expanding business globally providing an exciting opportunity to join our team!
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Greeting patients and prospective patients.
- Pre-Screening patients (this includes auto refracting, measuring patients’ eye pressure, lensometry readings) before the doctor sees them.
- Teach patients how to remove and insert Contact Lens.
- Inputting patient information in to their files and making sure files are up to date.
- Some medical testing (i.e. Visual Fields, Fundus Photography, Optomap, Optical Coherence Tomography) *no previous experience needed!
- Receptionist responsibilities (i.e. answering phone calls, making appointments, faxing, etc.).
- Learning Contact Lens terminology and schedules.
- Placing Contact Lens orders.
- Learning insurance language and being able to fluently explain our policies and exam pricing.
- Creating patient files, checking patients in and checking patients out.
- Working with MOSCOT’s customer service and retail to deliver the best possible experience to all visitor
- Friendly and has a positive attitude and demeanor
- Understanding and empathetic
- Willing to learn new things
- A sharp thinker and able to recover quickly
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment